Sunday, February 04, 2007

Prince Rocked

I'm not a big Prince fan. I actually do enjoy his music, but most of the lyrics would be banned in our house. That said, he rocked the Super Bowl half-time show. And was clean. If any of the lyrics were suggestive, I couldn't make them out.

The guitar playing was awesome. I really dug the sound of the telecaster. When he pulled out his odd symbol guitar, he started a solo that was very dissonant, but managed to pull it back in.

I really wanted him to play more of All Along the Watchtower. The amazing thing to me was that he made it rocking, funky, and soulful without any Hendrix licks. Does anyone else think it ironic that Prince played Watchtower when he has been purported to be a Jehovah's Witness?

1 Comments:

I am not a Prince fan, but I too was impressed by his guitar playing.

By Blogger Jeff Miller, at 1:11 PM  

Post a Comment

Back to Why Fret?

Subscribe with Bloglines