Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Hey Bulldog!

Awesome video of the Fabs in the studio recording "Hey Bulldog". The audio was added later to an originally silent film. I never thought of the Beatles as playing SGs, but you can see both George and John using (the same?) one.

This has always been one of my faves. Over the years since the breakup, Apple has at various times released "new" Beatles singles. I can clearly remember "Got to Get You into My Life" all over the airwaves in the late seventies after such a release. "Hey Bulldog" would be perfect to release now.

2 Comments:

DANG! I need to check in here more often. One of my favorites, with studio footage. I first heard it on the album with "Only a Northern Song", about 12 years old.

By Blogger Bill White, at 12:47 AM  

Thanks, Bill.

That must be the Yellow Submarine soundtrack album. The re-released version is much better. The original had one side of George Martin orchestral works. The new one features all the songs from the movie and has been done up in 5.1.

By Blogger iClaudius, at 3:38 PM  

Post a Comment

Back to Why Fret?

Subscribe with Bloglines