Friday, October 27, 2006

Become as Little Children

We have a beautiful, darling infant daughter who just melts daddy's heart when she smiles. I'll knock myself out trying to get her to focus on me to see her smile, but she is at the stage where she is fascinated by her toes or a shadow on the wall, so it might take a bit of clowning around to get her to make eye contact. But, as soon as she does, she just beams.

This morning while making my thanksgiving after Mass, I was reflecting on this. God truly is the perfect Father who never tires of trying to make eye contact with us, but we are all too often distracted by, well, pretty much anything.

Stop a second, listen, and you'll here Him cooing to you. Look up and smile.

2 Comments:

We do see Him when we look rightly at them. You and I have several things in common- Catholicism- Guitar - kids- so I added you to my page.

Check it out and don't be a stranger.

Phil B. AKA CatholicGeek

By Blogger Phil B., at 11:25 PM  

Thanks, Phil. I'll check out your site.

By Blogger iClaudius, at 9:44 PM  

Post a Comment

Back to Why Fret?

Subscribe with Bloglines