Saturday, October 14, 2006

O, Canada!

No, not the Canadian national anthem. "Canada" has for unknown reasons become my three year old son's favorite insult. When I was his age I used to infuriate my baby sitter by calling her "band-aid". Like father, like son, I suppose.

The use of "Canada" as an epithet could carry some cachet with Dear Old Dad. In the summer of 2001 (before September 11) our family traveled to Canada with a good friend and his family. We stayed in his father's ancestral farm house. It was beautiful and, for the most part, the people were wonderful and friendly. However, when we paid a visit to my friend's cousin, the cousin started bashing Bush and the "stupid Americans" within about thirty seconds of my shaking his hand. Good luck, buddy, if you ever have some "immigrant" problems up there. You may make great beer and be the home of a decent pretentious band, but when you are under sharia that's not going to do you much good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Back to Why Fret?

Subscribe with Bloglines