Thursday, September 15, 2005

Monk Rock


It all began innocently enough with my brother, Terry. I was helping him get our old country rock band, Mason Proffit, back together.

...

Soon “Monk Rock” was born. The title itself is meant to be whimsical, half joking, but also not without some seriousness. We used the very best players, and recorded it well ... But it is a still a bit of a joke for a middle aged founder and family member of an integrated monastery to do a project like this. Be that as it may, I thoroughly enjoyed it, and would be happy to do another if people seem to like it. I hope that you do.

I'm not the biggest fan of CCM, but I have enjoyed John Michael Talbot in the past. Actually, I'm more interested in checking out the new compilation CD from his old band, Mason Proffit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Back to Why Fret?

Subscribe with Bloglines